Monday 16 January 2012

Establishing a charge rate for working Artists and Designers



During today's session Bridget gave us a printout from an excel Spreadsheet to work through, helping us to work out how much we would need to earn in relation to live with our current expenses. Working freelance, I would have to think about my incoming and outgoing costs alot more than I'd expected, I never realised what the term buisness expense actually meant, and how you can create boundaries between money that goes into your pocket and money that doesn't get taxed.


Considering a studio space is something I definitely want to think about for my first year after i finish my degree, sharing a studio between 4 creatives would save a lot in the long run plus it provides you with an environment designed for people in similar industries.

No comments:

Post a Comment